Why Windows Product Key Is Necessary?
- To activate windows, offer any upgrade or clean install.
- To verify that the OS installed on your computer is a unique one, and has not been installed in any other computer.
How to find out Windows Product Key?
- By using product key fetching software.
- By notebook and code method.
1. By using Product Key Fetching Software
There are a couple of such software like Product Key Finder or the unlimited Pid Checker, I like the former one, product key which is a great software, very simple and easy to use:-
Step to followed :-c
1. Download product key fetching software (Product Key Finder, PID Checker )
2. Run the program.
3. Get your product key information.
2. Using Notepad And Code Method
1. Open Notepad.
2. Copy and paste the following code in your notepad.
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") MsgBox ConvertToKey(WshShell.RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId")) Function ConvertToKey(Key) Const KeyOffset = 52 i = 28 Chars = "BCDFGHJKMPQRTVWXY2346789" Do Cur = 0 x = 14 Do Cur = Cur * 256 Cur = Key(x + KeyOffset) + Cur Key(x + KeyOffset) = (Cur \ 24) And 255 Cur = Cur Mod 24 x = x -1 Loop While x >= 0 i = i -1 KeyOutput = Mid(Chars, Cur + 1, 1) & KeyOutput If (((29 - i) Mod 6) = 0) And (i <> -1) Then i = i -1 KeyOutput = "-" & KeyOutput End If Loop While i >= 0 ConvertToKey = KeyOutput End Function
3. Save it as a .vbs file.
Note:– the extension should be same.
4. Close and reopen the saved file it will give you the current product key it your installed windows version this is a very effective way that requires no internet connection.
5. While saving, select file type as all files.
Note:– remember to save the file on your desktop screen.