No doubt PDF (portable document) is globally acceptable document format being used by all for various purpose. From corporate memos to academic notes and from software tech guides to e-newspaper, PDF document is everywhere.
PDF documents are highly secure and cross-platform format. Sometimes you may need to edit a PDF document or you want to add your signature or image into it.
- How To Edit PDF Files In Your Computer
- How To Create PDF Document [Create eBooks]
- Best Online PDF Editor Tools With Real Time Saving
- Best Online Free PDF To Word Converters
Editing a PDF is quite a wearisome task since none of the PDF editors let you edit PDF completely. These PDF editors let you add text, but doesn’t let you delete the existing ones.
But there exists some high-quality document quite easily. In this post I am sharing top PDF Editor software for Windows, Mac, Linux and other OS, below is a quick list and to read in detail you can scroll down also:
19 Best PDF Editor Software For Windows, Mac And Linux Users
- Ice-Cream PDF Split And Merge (Free PDF Editor)
- Foxit Phantom PDF (Paid PDF Editor)
- iSkySoft PDF Editor (Paid)
- Nuance Power PDF Standard
- Nitro PRO 9 (Paid)
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Libre Office Draw
- Apache Open Office Draw
- PDF 24 Creator
- Slim PDF Reader
- PDF Sam Basic
- DL PDF Editor
- Expert PDF Editor
- PDF Eraser
- PDF Edit
- PDF X-Change Editor
- PDF Shaper
Read About These PDF Editors In Detail:-
1. Ice-Cream PDF Split And Merge (Free PDF Editor)
If you are looking for any workable and free PDF Editor then give it a shot. Rather than being a PDF Editor, it actually serves as PDF splitting and merging tool as well as PDF converter.
- You can rearrange and merge different pages from different PDF files.
- Supports different PDF splitting modes
- Range based splitting of PDF
- Supports PDF encryption to make it more secure
- Convert PDF to Word file, as well as into other formats like JPG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, GIF, EPS, HTC or Web format.
As a PDF converter, Ice-cream PDF Editor can run batch conversions and file conversions. The premium version costs around $20 and offers more services, however, the free version is enough for general splitting and merging.
- Price- Both Free And Paid Version Available
- System Requirements- Windows, Mac X OS
- Download Ice-Cream PDF Split And Merge (Free PDF Editor) for Windows
- Download Ice-Cream PDF Split And Merge (Free PDF Editor) for Mac
How about using a free word processing software as PDF Editor tool. Able word is amazing software and bears all qualities of PDF Editor that makes it a solid contender to other PDF editors like Foxit and Adobe while using it will be like MS Office so don’t worry it’s easy to me . AbleWord is the also one of the best alternative to MS Word. Some PDF editing features include
- Adding texts and images
- Adding signature in the document
- Convert PDF into multiple formats
- Lets you create PDF document also
You can save edited PDF file in multiple file formats be it DOCs, PDF, RTF or HTML. As a PDF Editor, the best feature or say its unique selling point would be spell check feature.
- Price- Totally Free
- Supported platform – Comes with all version of windows-Windows XP,
Windows Vista, Windows7, Windows8
- Download AbleWord PDF Editor For Windows
3. Foxit Phantom PDF (Paid PDF Editor)
Foxit Phantom PDF remains the undisputed leader in PDF editing segment. Its numerous features make it the best PDF Editor for Windows users. Focus Phantom PDF works as a PDF viewer, PDF creator as well as PDF Editor. As we are discussing about PDF editors so let me point out some of the best-supported features:-
- Paragraph editing
- Text Editing
- Object Arrangement
- Highlight text
- Inclusion of watermarks
- Page Customization Option
- Scanning and OCR document signing
Foxit Phantom PDF lets you convert your PDF document into various other readable and editable format conversions. Talking about its user interface then it’s pretty similar to Microsoft Office Interface. While working on multiple PDF editing, Foxit provides a tabbed interface to ease your job. Another ideal and expected feature in PDF Editor is support for filling and luckily Foxit has these features. Above all Foxit provides enough security tools to protect your precious PDF document. Few add-ons can be used to extend the workability or features of Foxit Phantom PDF Editor Software. All I can say about Foxit is that it’s a multipurpose and all in one solution for all PDF needs.
5. iSkySoft PDF Editor (Paid)
iSkySoft is a big player in Internet and software segment, the company offers various premium tools and software. One of best premium PDF Editor cum converter software is available for both Windows and Mac OS. It’s user interface with a neat and clean option.
Refer These ScreenShots:-
Some supported features of iSkySoft PDF Editors include:-
- In document Editing
- OCR Scanning
- File encryption to protect documents
- Splitting and merging of multiple PDF pages
- Serves as PDF creator software
Price- $49.95 – For Mac OS User, $69.95 – For Windows Users
Supported platform :- Almost all Windows OS ( XP, Windows 7, Windows 8) and Mac OS X, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 (Mavericks) and 10.10 (Yosemite)
- Download iSkysoft PDF Editor For Windows Trial Version
- Download iSkysoft PDF Editor For Windows Premium Version
- Download iSkysoft PDF Editor For Mac Free Trial Version
- Download iSkysoft PDF Editor For Mac Premium Version
6. Nauance Power PDF Standard
Nauance Power PDF standard is an excellent PDF creator, PDF converter software suitable for both personal and professional needs. Nauance Power PDF is an exclusive PDF for Windows with tons of editing features. Below are some features supported by Nauance Power PDF Editor:-
- Converts scanned image to PDF
- Supports form filling
- Integration of cloud-based services
- Neat and clean user interface
Price:- Starts From $99
Supported Platform- Windows
Since it comes at such higher cost, the PDF Editor is best for small businesses looking for a reliable PDF Editor.
- Nauance Power PDF Free Trial Download For Windows
- Nauance Power PDF Premium Download For Windows ($99)
7. Nitro PRO 9 (Paid)
Like iSkySoft, Nitro is also a leader in file conversion segment. This comprehensive PDF Editor serves as PDF creator as well as PDF converter software. The best part about Nitro is that it lets you edit both the content section as page sections of PDF document. You can also add additional content, be it any drawing or text. Moreover, it lets you connect to it’s official Nitro cloud service. Like Foxit and iSkySoft PDF editors, Nitro pro’s interface looks like Microsoft Office
Some features of Nitro PRO 9 PDF editors include
- Text and image insertion support
- Sign documents
- lets you set a password for each PDF file.
- Image extraction
- Several Annotation
Supported Platform- Windows
Although Nitro PRO 9 PDF Editor seems to be the most expensive PDF Editor but believes me it is worth having if you require PDF editing quite frequently.
8. Adobe Acrobat Pro
PDF was a gift from Adobe system and it’s official father’s the ultimate creator and modifier. Although the free version lets you add a signature and additional texts in PDF pages but to enjoy full control over editing you need to upgrade to Acrobat pro version.
Adobe Acrobat Pro PDF Editor features-
- In document editing of text.
- Great range of conversion feature.
- Insert drawings or images.
- Add customs signatures.
Price- $ 14.99 per month
Supported platform -Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and Mac OS X,10.68, 107.4, 10.8
- Download Adobe Acrobat Free Trial Version For Windows
- Buy Adobe Acrobat Pro DC ($14.99 Per Month Membership) -Includes Acrobat DC for your Windows or Mac desktop, the Acrobat Reader mobile app, and Adobe Document Cloud services.
- Buy Adobe Acrobat Pro Standard DC-Includes Acrobat Standard DC for your Windows desktop, the Acrobat Reader mobile app, plus online services.
Adobe Acrobat is undoubtedly the best available PDF Editor Software for all your editing needs.
Inkscape is actually a vector graphics editor but it supports PDF editing too. it is an open source software, easy to use with its simple user interface. If you have small editing alignment then you can try out Inkscape PDF Editor.
- Let’s you add text
- Insert images and drawings
- Delete existing images
Free open source software
Supported platform :-
Windows, Mac, Linux
- Download Inkscape For Free For Windows
- Download Inkscape For Free For Mac
- Download Inkscape For Free For Linux
I think, it’s compatibility with the various operating system is it’s unique selling point.
10. PDF 24 Creator
As the name suggests it’s more like a PDF creator but let you edit PDF files too. basically merging and splitting.
Here is what PDF 24 Creator can do for you
- Split or merge PDF files.
- Admit PDF documents properties.
- Recorder pages.
- Add password protections to PDFs.
- Insert digital watermarks.
- Insert your digital signature.
PDF 24 creator is actually printers driver for Windows OS, the software offers it’s own assistant interface page where all editing sort of things can be done. I recommended you to use PDF Creator only when you have no option left.
- Download PDF24 Creator 8.0.1 – MSI
- Download PDF24 Creator For Private Use
- Download PDF24 Creator For Business Use
11. Slim PDF Reader
Slim PDF reader is actually slim in size i.e 1.43 MB claim to be half of size of Adobe Acrobat Reader Slim PDF Reader comes at a microscopic size of 1.43 MB only but claims to be an efficient and Acrobat if you are looking for any PDF Editor for minimal use then give it a shot.
12. PDF Sam Basic
PDF Sam stands for PDF slept and merge, is free and open source PDF editor. As the name suggest PDF Sam. Basic is an exclusive splitter and merger tool, since it lets you combine multiple PDF files tougher spirit them apart. You can also merge alternate pages together. Moreover, you can rotate PDF files too. Splitting is possible in multiple ways likes on the basis of page numbers, bookmarks, file size. PDF Sam also offers a premium version with more editing options. But the free version is not bad though.
- Download PDF Sam Basic For Windows
- Download PDF Sam Basic For Mac
- Download PDF Sam Basic For Linux
- Download PDF Sam Exe
13. DL PDF Editor
DL PDF Editor looks like resemble MS Office document viewer. It’s user interactive interface lets you add texts, insert images and water walk fills out forms. The interface shows thumbnails of PDF in the left sidebar so you can easily navigate to different pages. DL PDF editor lets you work with multiple files in one tab.
14. Expert PDF Editor
Expert PDF Editor is lightweight to view end edit PDF document in a hand freeway. Expert PDF Editor lets you do the following
- Add additional, texts, images, objects
- Insert text boxes anywhere
- Highlights existing
- Add stamps and initials.
Although expert PDF reader is freeware but you are provided with limited editing options.
15. PDF Eraser
Erase Text, Images and objects from PDF, that’s what PDF Eraser has kept its tagline. Unlike other PDF Eraser lets you delete or PDF texts easily .
- Delete your texts and erase images
- Add your texts and place images .
- Rotate PDF pages in desired orientations.
- Cut out unwanted pages from the document.
You can upgrade to its premium version by paying $29.95.
The premium version doesn’t add watermarks after editing allows you to me commercially with 24×7 email support.
16. PDF Edit
Free PDF Editor Windows on with very few editing options. Only general editing like adding additional texts, deleting existing texts and images can be done. The dark part is that the software freezes quite often but still can be used for minimal editing. one usually recommended PDF edit to geeks and teachers since it’s functionality can be extended by using a scripting language (ECMAS).
17. Libre Office Draw
Libre office draw is a great alternative to Ms office and one of the best office suites software. Besides searching for an office suit application, Libra office draw also acts a PDF Editor tool.
Open any PDF makes required editing and export it back into PDF format. Different editing to appear on the Bears of the object you are editing. Like text editing to appear while playing with text similarly image to appear while adding image or signature.
18. Apache Open Office Draw
Open office is a free open source office suites software just like MS Office. you can download it for free from its official website. The software is for word process spread, presentation, database, graphics and much more. Some functionalities of open office can be extended by initially few specific plugin.
Like on installing PDF import for Apache open office, the PDF Editor feature gets enabled. The software lets you open PDF file, edit it and export it back in PDF format. While editing you will feel like editing a word file the best part is, Apache open office works on all OS (Windows, Linux, Mac OS)
19. PDF X-Change Editor
PDF X-change Viewer rebranded itself as PDF X-change editor, now the package comes with tons of customization and editing options. PDF X-change Editor is now available in four different versions. For normal and small PDF editing you can use it’s free lite version for non-commercial use but if you want to use it’s all functionally then purchase a premium plan.
Features supported by PDF X-Change
- OCR scanning
- Adding Texts, Images, Drawing, Signature
- Ability to create forms
- Better organizing feature
- Add stamps, Sticky notes
- Add Call outs
- Insert shapes like oval, rectangle, and square
- Provided tools to measure distance, perimeter tools to measure distance,perimeter area of selected region.
Price -PDF X-Change Editor comes in the three plan
- Free lite version for non-commercial use- free
- Paid version 1 – US $43.50
- Paid version 2 -US $54.50
The free lite version offers quite limited editing option. However, going for a paid plan isn’t a bad idea, though. you can give it a shot.
19. PDF Shaper
PDF Shaper serves as a PDF Editor , PDF converter as well as a PDF Annotation tool, From editing aspects, you can do the following-
- Traditional texts
- Highlights existing texts
- Split and merge PDFs
- Delete and rotate PDFs
- Add digital signatures
- Password protect your files
- Extract of crop images
- As a converter, you can convert DVD to PDF and PDF to RTF file or to JPEG format
- You can add or remove the existing PDF information
- Support PDF encryption /decryption
- PDF Shaper slandered 1-year license -$29.95
- PDF Shaper lifetime license-$ 99.95
- PDF Shaper corporate – you need to contact the sales team directly.
PDF Shaper has the simple US with easy to pick up editing option
Wrapping It Up
So these were some best PDF editors for windows, mac and Linux users. If you have just few PDF files to edit then you should go for Freeware PDF annotation software only or else you can use office suites like Libre Draw or Apache Open Office Draw. But if you want to edit PDFs in bulk amount then grab any premium PDF editors like Naunce Power PDF Standard or Nitro Pro which will give you enough flexibility to edit PDF files.